Rebuild reporting database

In one of my previous posts, I had spoken about creating a reporting database that is editable at the same time, though the edits are transient. The last month, I faced an interesting situation wherein we had to rebuild this reporting database. In this post, I'll talk about rebuild the reporting database when it is corrupted.


Context
The standby database has been corrupted due to a server crash and needs to be rebuilt from the primary database.


Solution

I followed the steps mentioned in this post about creating a physical standby database. The steps in the pre-requisites can be skipped because they are already existing.


The rest of the steps hold good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError while trying to Access login page

Solution to "End Program - WMS Idle"

WGET shell Script for downloading patches