AWS using Ansible? Yes, it's possible!

 

Although, I've used Ansible extensively for a lot of automation and orchestration tasks, using Ansible for AWS was indeed, a new territory for me.

 This turned out to be a blessing, since along with using Ansible for AWS tasks, I also learnt how to use WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) on a Windows machine.

Though WSL's been around for some time, I still hadn't come around to using it since I was mostly using my Macbook pro. Not anymore, though!

 Anyway, I have listed below the steps to:

  1. Install WSL on Windows 11 23H2 patch
  2. Install AWS CLI on Ubuntu 22.04 (Exact version - 22.04.3 LTS)
  3. Install Ansible and the amazon.aws collection
  4. Use AWS CLI to get the list of  VPCs in the region - us-east-1 (or a region of your choice)
  5. Create a python file/script to get the list of VPCs in the region - us-east-1 (or a region of your choice)
  6. Create an Ansible playbook to get the list of VPCs in the region - us-east-1 (or a region of your choice.

 

You may download the complete installation instructions/steps from github.

Download the python script - describe_vpcs.py and the ansible playbook - get_vpc_info.yaml from github.


I hope this helps you get started on your journey to using Ansible for AWS.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solution to "End Program - WMS Idle"

Modify retention period of workflow queues

Check if UTL_FILE and FND_FILE are working fine