Get R12 Login URL from Command Prompt

A quick question before getting started with today's subject. How does one retrieve the url of an instance? Suppose you were asked to work (or login to the front end) on an instance of which you know only the server names, how do you find the login URL?

There are 2 methods (of course, there might be more but I've listed the ones that I use the most) to retrieve the login URL information:

1. Login to sqlplus as apps and query the table icx_parameters for the home_url.

2. Better still and much faster than the above method would be to issue the below command. The output would be nothing but the value for the env variable FORMS60_MAPPING.

$ env | grep http


I prefer the 2nd method over the 1st.

Anyway, to my surprise and dismay, I found out that R12 does NOT set the above env variable. So, the quick recourse to getting the login URL is ruled out or is it?

I have written a shell script to get/set the env variable. You can access it here.

Let me know if you notice any errors or have any comments/suggestions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError while trying to Access login page

Solution to "End Program - WMS Idle"

WGET shell Script for downloading patches